Our Vision, Mission and Core Values
To be a World class Think Tank in the Area of Social and Economic Policy Research.
NISER has a renowned past and the prevailing opportunities are enormous. The future will be shaped by how we envision it and the strategic options adopted to accomplish the conceived vision. We are determined to sustain the Institute's commitment to excellence and leadership in development policy research as the premier think tank in Nigeria as well as strive to ensure that the Institute attains the reputation of a world-class research institute.
To consistently generate credible knowledge through quality research, conduct specialised training and consultancy services while interacting with relevant segments of Nigerian society in the task of national development.
The value and impact of policies emanate from the researches and recommendations that inform their development. We intend to provide rigorous and well-grounded research outputs to guide policymakers in their activities towards an accelerated national development aimed at achieving the objectives of Nigeria Vision 20:2020.
Our Core Values
Our core values are driven by our determination to achieve our vision, mission and overall strategic intents. The Institute, being fully aware of the impact of its outputs on the Nigeria nation and its people, recognises the need to deliver optimum value at all times.
In order to sustain this, in the face of changing policy landscape, we will live by the following core values:
- We commit to be a group of professionals known for the quality of our research outputs and consultancy services to government and its agencies and our technical collaboration with government agencies and the private sector.
- We are focused on discharging our development responsibilities by ensuring that the research, policy analysis, policy dialogue and trainings we conduct have positive short, medium and long-term impact on the Nigerian economy and the Nigerian people.
- We are determined that our activities will create great impact in public policies, profit making ventures and not for profit entities, by effectively communicating our research findings to policymakers, the business community, NGOs and knowledge institutions.
- We seek to attain and maintain a high level of corporate governance, by adhering to our contractual obligations, meeting high levels of financial management standards; and taking full responsibility for the results of our research and consultancy activities.
- We seek to establish and adhere to sound professional and ethical standards as individuals; based on honesty, integrity and respect for the individual.