INVITATION TO TENDER
The Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER) invites reputable companies with relevant experience and good track record to tender for Rehabilitation of NISER Library
II. ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
To be considered, interested companies are required to submit all the under-listed verifiable documents:
- Evidence of company registration with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), and evidence of Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in case of a joint venture. To be included are CAC registration forms C02 and C07, certified true copy of Memorandum and Articles of Association of the company.
- Corporate profile including CVs and credentials of key personnel of the company, indicating years of qualification, cognate experience and certificates of registration with relevant professional bodies.
- Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers.
- Tax Clearance Certificate for the past three years (2013-2015), duly stamped.
- Copy of VAT registration certificate
- Company’s audited Statement of Accounts for the past three years (2013-2015) showing annual turnover, duly signed and stamped by a professional Account/Audit firm.
- Evidence of compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Amendment Act, 2011 by inclusion of current (2015) Compliance Certificate from ITF.
- Evidence of compliance with Pension Reform Act, 2004 by inclusion of current (2015) Compliance Certificate from National Pension Commission (PENCOM)
- Original Bank Statements for the past twelve months
- Reference(s) from reputable bank (s) demonstrating availability of funds/liquid assets and/or credit facilities from the company’s banker(s) to successfully execute the contract.
- Verifiable evidence of similar jobs successfully executed, or being executed within the last five years, indicating type, cost, location, evidence of award and completion.
- List of verifiable equipment to be used for the project, listed as owned, hired or leased.
- Company’s registered address, functional contact address, GSM phone numbers and e-mail addresses.
- Reference letters from three (3) previous clients of similar projects, satisfactorily completed.
- Original copies of documents may be requested to be made available for sighting, if necessary
- A sworn affidavit certifying that:
- the documents submitted are not only genuine, but correct
- the Director(s) of the company submitting tender has never been convicted by any court of law
- the company is not bankrupt
- none of the officers of NISER is a former or present Director of the company
- Letter of consent to allow verification of all the documents submitted: CAC registration, Tax Certificate, VAT remittances, compliance with Pension Act, ITF Amendment Act, and the company’s financial standing with Bankers.
III. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Bid documents are obtainable from the Office of the Head, Procurement Unit, Room 008, Administration Building, NISER, Ojoo, Oyo Road, Ibadan, upon payment of a non-refundable fee of Twenty-five Thousand Naira (N25,000.00) to the Accounts Division of the Institute.
IV. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
The Eligibility Requirements should be arranged in the order listed above and submitted in A4 size page, neatly bound, and sealed in an envelope marked “Eligibility Requirements for Rehabilitation of NISER Library” on the top right hand corner of the envelope. The second envelope containing Tender Document should be marked “Tender for Rehabilitation of NISER Library”. The two envelopes should be enclosed in a bigger envelope and marked “REHABILITATION OF NISER LIBRARY” and addressed to:
The Ag. Director-General,
Nigerian Institute of Social and Economic Research (NISER),
P.M.B. 5, U.I. Post Office, Ojoo, Oyo Road, Ibadan.
The sealed envelope should be hand-delivered and deposited in the Tenders Box in the office of the Head, Procurement Unit, NISER, Ibadan
V. CLOSING DATE AND OPENING OF TENDER DOCUMENTS
Submission of Tender Documents closes on Monday, November 7, 2016 at 12.00 noon and opening of submitted bids holds immediately thereafter. Late bids will not be considered. Venue of bid opening exercise is the Conference Room, NISER Administration Building, Ojoo, Ibadan. Representatives of bidding firms, Civil Society Organizations and interested stakeholders are invited to the opening of the bids.
Please Note that:
- NISER is neither committed nor obliged to award the contract to any Contractor or Agent;
- NISER reserves the right to reject any and/or all bidding packages;
- NISER will only recognize and correspond with only authorized officers of the tendering companies and NOT through individuals or agents acting on their behalf; and
- This Invitation to Tender shall neither be construed as a commitment on the part of NISER nor shall it entitle any Contractor to make any claims whatsoever and/or seek any indemnity from NISER.